Sabbath day.
A day to be kept holy by not doing any work.
"By the seventh day God had finished the
work he had been doing; so on the
seventh day he rested from all his
work. And God blessed the seventh
day and made it holy, because on it
he rested from all the work of creat-
ing that he had done."
Genesis 1:30 Chapter 2 verse 2
However, in due of my severe procrastination and my inadequate organization, there was nothing inherently wrong that i would indulge myself in piles and stacks of procrastinated homework.
My immense desire to join my cell group in bible study today was overriden by my assignments, its not like i don;t want to go but work calls yeah?
But today's labour were very worthwhile.
Momentarily or periodically during my relentless struggle to conplete my pitless fissure of work, i tend to get disoriented and distracted, so called 'discouraged' due to the half-way line. I reminisce what pastor Daniel told us, the 4 solutions which were "reorganization", "support", "remembering(God)" and "resisting". I have to say the reorganizing part was quite useful, atleast to a certain extend before absolute boredome pierced my heart again. I had to resist the temptatin of the devil every now and then, especially when the phrase "heck care" shot through and battered my feeble brain which is yearning for leisure. I was like a broken faucet, unable to maximize my latent potential.
I felt like i was lost in a inundated village. My reflexes and reaction were retarding, like a speedig car brought to a halt. Amid all this, my temptations were intensifying like a deteriorating drought over an arable expanse of massive acres. This concoction of exhaustion and superifical desires hauled in a great deal of discouragement, eventually contributing to my inefficiency in my work done.
You may think i'm talking through my hat but hearken, the half way line is always the most difficult section in whatever you do.
Everybody is working their guts out now, while i'm still in a slack-ish momentum.
I *jolly well* follow suit.
Okay, my eyes are getting heavy.
Need to get some sleep for a fruitful day tomorrow.
Where i reside in solitude...
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment